Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Society of S (Ethical Vampire, #1) by Susan Hubbard

Rating: 4/5 (audiobook)

I listened to the audiobook, and it was quite enjoyable. I picked it up because it was similar to the Twilight novels that I am in the middle of. This is a coming of age story, but not a love story. Discovering who your parents really are, and thus who you really are. The combination of descriptive text and the performer's voice makes for luscious, exquisite, sumptuous vicarious sensual experience, especially of tastes. I can't describe how amazingly real and mouth-watering it is to listen to her talk about eating oysters. Also a great mystery story, with unusual characters and dreamy locales. Yes, I enjoyed it very much!

See my review of The Season of Risks (Ethical Vampire #3) by Susan Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment