Monday, November 30, 2009

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward

3/5

This was my least favourite of the four books I've read so far. Butch just isn't my favourite character, and neither is Marissa. Seems like by the very next novel, all the females of the previous novels become the very same woman - a great woman, yes, but it gets boring. Marissa was different, but by the end she becomes just like the others. Whereas the men definitely have their own personalities.

Butch definitely isn't "my type" of man, and despite all his transformations I can't help but continue to picture him as an aging cop with a beer gut, a la Dennis Franz (without the mustache). The sex in this book made me uncomfortable in a way the other books didn't.

Also, Vishous has become something wholly other than he was in the first book or two. Character development doesn't even come close to describing it, he's like another person. In her dedication, Ward hints that she got him all wrong at first. Why do all these males hate themselves so very much? Why do they all need a female to bring them around? I guess that is what you get with romance novels - I have never read that genre before.

The back story, the war between the vampires and the lessers is finally getting somewhere with this book, which is a big part of why I kept reading.

All Ratings and Reviews For J.R Ward (Black Dagger Brotherhood and Fallen Angels Series)

No comments:

Post a Comment