Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time by Cheryl Richardson

4/5

There aren't enough books about this topic, and none are as accessible as this one. I was validated to find that I had already, in my own way, completed some of the suggestions in this book, and happy to find new ideas that I can easily integrate into my healing journey. This book is pleasant to read, free of the heavy psychological theories that make up most self-help books, which makes it a light, short, to-the-point read, which I really appreciate since I'm regularly wading through thicker books for the few gems inside. So it is not hard to recommend this book to every woman who puts herself low on her priority list (which is most women, unfortunately). Making sure your needs are met is necessary for happiness, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment