Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Betrayal of Love and Freedom by Paul Huljich

Rating 1/5

Alright, I just can't take anymore. I've never read a book so in need of an editor in my life. The author apparently has such a low opinion of his reader that everything has to be spelled out - blatantly and repeatedly. There is absolutely no subtlety here. There are phrases so melodramatic they'll make your eyes roll, and paragraphs so dry you imagine the author intended to come back and polish them up later. This book reads like an unaltered first draft - punctation and spelling mistakes included. And it's a shame, because the story had some potential. Unfortunately that potential blew away in the author's long-windedness and histrionics.

Note: I won this book in the Goodreads First Reads giveaway, which had no influence over my rating or review. Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment