Thursday, August 9, 2012

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12) by Charlaine Harris

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12)  by Charlaine Harris 


Rating: 3/5


I actually liked this one better than the last several books in this series. Once I was able to swallow the bile raised by Harris' lazy, unimaginative writing, that is. I did enjoy the mystery and sped through this book in one night. That's pretty much the only way I can stand reading this series - if I go really fast I don't get as stuck on its faults. I did think this was hilarious: "I drove to Shreveport without noticing the blue skies, the shimmering heat, the big mowers, the eighteen wheelers." (p137). Really? If you didn't notice these things, how do you know they were there? LOL I did appreciate the lack of all the repetitive re-introductions and descriptions of things & people that have appeared in almost the exact same form in every book so far. I'm not sure why certain characters made random, unnecessary cameos - filler? Anyway, considering the paltry time and effort required to read this book, I gave it a generous 3 stars. If it had been more involved I think I would've been more resentful at its poor quality.

See my reviews of 
Dead Until Dark (#1), Dead in the Family (#10) and Dead Ever After (#13)

No comments:

Post a Comment