Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ever After (The Hollows #11) by Kim Harrison

RATING: 3/5

The eleventh book in the Hollows series was a decent story, if more of the same. Ivy made only a cameo in this book, and I have to say I didn't miss her at all. As with previous stories, this one deals with demons and elves. It is fairly fast-paced, and follows Harrison's standard pattern - adventures punctuated by stops in Rachel's kitchen. Plans go awry, Rachel is stubborn and impulsive, but somehow it all works out in the end. That's probably a slightly over-simplified summary, but people who read this series will know what I mean.

I'm still trying to figure out why everyone cared so very much about what Rachel was planning to wear to her showdown with Ku'Sox. I'm sure Harrison could've come up with a less ridiculous way for people to speak to Rachel alone than setting up the whole "what are you wearing to save the world, I want to see your closet" thing. Harrison spends a lot of time justifying things that seem illogical but are necessary for her plot to continue the way she wants it. Most of the time I overlook it with an eye-roll, but it tends to make everything less intense and believable. However, I've taken a step back with my constant judging in this genre, and just try to enjoy the read instead of thinking about it too much.

All Ratings and Reviews For Kim Harrison's Hollows Series

No comments:

Post a Comment