Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Hollows Series (Kim Harrison): Ratings and Reviews

The Hollows
1. Dead Witch Walking - 4/5
2. The Good, The Bad, and the Undead - 3/5 - I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first. I don't much like Harrison's vampires, but by the end I'm a little more used to them. I thought Rachel was being pretty stupid sometimes, which is even more annoying than her temper. But I guess those qualities are what gets her into the interesting scrapes.
3. Every Which Way But Dead - 4/5
4. A Fistful of Charms - 3/5
5. For a Few Demons More - 4/5
6. The Outlaw Demon Wails - 4/5
7. White Witch, Black Curse - 3/5
8. Black Magic Sanction - 3/5
9. Pale Demon - 3/5
10. A Perfect Blood - 3/5 - Pretty standard Rachel Morgan. This series hasn't really declined much over the years, unlike some urban fantasy series I shall not mention. That's pretty impressive for book 10. Just wish Rachel's love life had made a bit more progress, but you can see where it's headed.
11. Ever After - 3/5 - See Review
12. The Undead Pool - 2.5/5 - See Review
Into the Woods: Tales From the Hollows And Beyond - 1.5/5 - See Review

The Hollows Graphic Novels
1. Blood Work - NR
2. Blood Crime - 3/5 - I found the art was eye-grabbing, for the most part, but the story was more re-hashing of Ivy's issues, which Harrison has dealt with so many times already. I enjoyed it, but I wish Harrison had a new story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment